Monday, June 1, 2015

TUESDAY'S ELECTION




Tuesday is primary day and once again the future of Plainfield can be impacted by the results of the Democrat selections.

The Local Democrat Committee is to be decided, and those members will also become members of the County Committee.

There is also a race for Councilman in both the 2nd Ward and the "At Large" 1st/4th Ward seats. Only those in the respective wards will have a candidate to vote for.

Column A is the so called Regular Democrats; all local candidates are handpicked selections of Boss Green. Column C on the Plainfield ballot is the ticket of the Union County Progressive Democratic Organization

I make no bones about whom I will vote for. Green’s Autocratic Dictatorship over the years has been detrimental to the city. It is time for a change.

Although the Mapp mayorship has had some questionable moments his followers represent a true chance for change. The slate on Column C represents the only hope for a better future for Plainfield.

There are three seats for Freeholders up for vote. The only challenge to the party whose chairman also is Green is in Column B. I know little about the three running, except they represent an opposition based in Elizabeth and Eastern Union County who are at odds with Green and Lesniak. I cannot endorse them except to say that if they are elected, Green’s position as Chairman will be in jeopardy.

We in Plainfield have no choice for the two Assembly seats and the County Clerk.

As you know although this is only the Primary election where the Parties Candidates for the General November Election are selected; in Plainfield the winners for local offices on the Democrat ticket are tantamount to be elected to that office in November. For that reason it is important that all Democrats and Independents who would be affiliated with the party vote on June 2nd.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Doc, Yes Mayor Mapp had some questionable moments, even I questioned a couple of decisions he made, however, I truly believe his decisions and actions overall are in the best interest of Plainfield. On the other hand, Jerry Greens actions, as proven over the last 22 years, are only in HIS best interest. Jerry has personally called everyone he got a job and told them if he didn’t retain his position as Committee Chair they would all lose their jobs. Typical Jerry. The fact of the matter is once Jerry lose his power, he loses his power, end of story! If you are a good worker then you shouldn’t be afraid of losing your job, regardless of how you got it.

    City candidates in column C is offering a refreshing change and the opportunity to have the voices of the Plainfield voters heard. Currently, the selection process for ward councilors, Mayor, assembly person, freeholders etc in Plainfield and Union County has not be democratic at all, Jerry Green the committee chair will come to a meeting (if he has one) and TELL the committee members who will be selected for these seats. I’m confused how he can referred to Mayor Mapp and Rebecca Williams as anything other than demarcated when he himself repeatedly behaves like a Dictator.

    For any real chance at a change and moving Plainfield forward in a positive direction, please vote for your neighbors in Column C. I myself decided to run for a committed set in the third ward because I believe in my neighbors and my neighborhood and refuse to allow anyone to destroy our community!

    ReplyDelete