Wednesday, September 10, 2014

RIGHT OR WRONG



As all my readers are aware; it is not my habit to be controversial in my blog. Perish the thought that I should post anything that might upset any of my readers.

Perhaps I may have omitted that I do agreed with Councilor Taylor in that anyone who serves in any  compensated capacity for the City should contribute to its economy by living here and  being either a renter or tax payer.  

However, my reason for posting this time is very controversial in that I feel that Ray Rice is being unjustly crucified.

I do not in any manner condone his actions. I find his hitting his then fiancée with a full force to the face punch to be reprehensible. However, I am trying to rationalize what happened.

It is unfortunate that we have no verbal recording of what interplay preceded the entrance to the elevator. However a close look at the tape shows her coming at him in a combative position with her arms spread out in an attack mode.

There is what may be considered a defensive and automatic counter reaction which may include either cowering or striking out depended on the psyche of the individual.

Rice as an athlete in a violent sport is by nature aggressive. His reaction was spontaneous without thought that there was a better way to cope. For that he should justifiably be punished.

However, his now wife’s defense of him should be considered and not ignored. It is difficult to believe that she would have married him after that episode if there was a pattern of domestic abuse.

Once again the media and do-gooders are making hay out of sensationalism.

Be honest with yourselves; I would wager that in your own life time there has not been an incident when you tended to react violently to something your partner did. Fortunately 99% of the time you did have ability to control yourself.

3 comments:

  1. It looked to me that he spit on her twice when they got into the elevator. She made a move toward him and he decked her. I'd say there are millions at stake because he hasn't played a regular game since they've been married. I can't put myself in her mind, but people will tolerate a lot of aggravation and hurt for money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caution Old doc, there be monsters here. The video is of a demonstration at the University of Toronto where a group of Marxist Feminist where trying to shut down a conference on the problems men and boys are facing (they are failing at every level of education in every western state) in our in our modern world. The main speaker at the conference was Dr. Warren Farrell who has written several books on the subject and is a former board member of NOW. The irony is that as soon as he started to research and publish the results of his research which contradicted feminist dogma, they threw him under the bus. He is considered a misogynist and rape apologist. I happen to know him from the women’s movement, at one time I worked for his wife and in my estimation he is a ‘stand up guy’. If you are interested in his writings, you can start here: ttp://www.warrenfarrell.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat, I did not post your earlier comment due to the video. I posted this one because it was to be controversial. I am not apologizing for Rice. Partner violence especially where there is an inequality of strength is reprehensible and not tolerable. I do think that the blood seeking reaction against him and the NFL is excessive. The moral issues including his treatment of the unconscious woman should be a matter of public opinion and employer reaction. Any legal issues involved including punishment are a matter of the courts. I would not have Rice as a friend, and that is not a racial issue despite what others would try to claim.

    ReplyDelete