I am postponing the continuation of “What Will Be” in order
to comment on Assemblyman Green’s Tuesday Oct.22 blog. I know that Green will
be critical of my remarks but allowing for the passage of a period of 5 years
and an over 90 brain there are some facts that I may have forgotten; but I will assure you that I am at least 98%
correct.
I have said that we are five years too late and I have
in the past blamed our local political leadership for their inaction and indeed
compliance with Solaris’s plans.
Immediately after JFK made known its plan for closing
the hospital and the State’s preapproval with the sham hearings; there were at
least two groups of concerned area residents seeking alternatives to what was
as it turned out a done deal.
Both groups; one the Save Muhlenberg Hospital led by
Dotti Gutenkauf and the other coordinated by Olive Lynch found legitimate for
profit hospital organizations that had plans to operate a facility at
Muhlenberg.
One that Lynch had contacted presented a proposal at a
meeting in a conference room at the Library. Councilman Reid attended that meeting
as did I.
The meeting was upbeat and I believe that the proposal was
referred to the city Administration. Nothing more was heard except that JFK expressed
an outlandish price for which it would sell the Muhlenberg property.
I believe that the Save Muhlenberg group also had what
appeared to be a viable candidate. They
too did not get anywhere with the City Administration.
I am sure that some of the involved
especially Nancy Piwowar who spent many hours going to Trenton can amplify on
these facts.
Assemblyman Green did produce an individual who was
supposed to have plans for continuing medical services on the site. This
individual was I believe an real-estate entrepreneur from Perth Amboy who would
turn the buildings into an emergency room plus offices and the rest would be a
long term care facility and/or apartments.
There always has been questions as to the actual debt
on the Muhlenberg properties, how it was derived. JFK’s books were never opened
for examination, but executive salaries may have been disproportionally charged
to Muhlenberg’s account.
As to the now $20 million dollar present debt would not
the dedicated Muhlenberg Foundation funds which JFK perhaps illegally
appropriated go a long way to offset that questionable debt. I am not including equipment etc. transferred
to JFK.
Assemblyman
Green wrote: “For over a year I have been meeting with people in the
medical field people who deal with properties like Muhlenberg and have listened
to their recommendations on what the best course of action should be.
I have been working
with people with a background in reopening hospitals in urban communities all
over the country. Their recommendation was that if the right funding was in
place we would be able to offer medical services on the Muhlenberg campus. The
key was to get the right financing to accomplish this.
The
primary issue is the 20 million dollar debt that comes with the campus that has
been one of the main factors. Also there are environmental issues with some of
the buildings on the campus that would cost an additional 5 million dollars to
correct. With the right financing in place we could offset this debt to create
something to better serve the Plainfield community.”
Since the situation has reached a dire point perhaps
Assemblyman Green can elucidate what are the environmental issues that apparently
did not exist in 2008?
He could also advise us about the experts with whom he has been
working with for over a year and what type of medical facility they propose.
Green is right in that the Muhlenberg solution is not a
political situation now, and that the Republican Candidate should if he really
has a plan should present it openly and not as election material.
10 am: Please note that I am not ruling out here or in my essays the possibility of a limited service for profit hospital on the site. There is a group that have acquired 3 hospitals in N j including Bayonne operated by I believe Care Point Health that may be interested in expansion.
The problem remains with the property which would take legal action to acquire form JFK. Also the legality of the absorption of dedicated trust funds in the Foundation should be open to question. It will take money and a will if anything positive can happen. Are the people in Plainfield and its government up to it?
10 am: Please note that I am not ruling out here or in my essays the possibility of a limited service for profit hospital on the site. There is a group that have acquired 3 hospitals in N j including Bayonne operated by I believe Care Point Health that may be interested in expansion.
The problem remains with the property which would take legal action to acquire form JFK. Also the legality of the absorption of dedicated trust funds in the Foundation should be open to question. It will take money and a will if anything positive can happen. Are the people in Plainfield and its government up to it?
Doc... I posted the similar question to Assemblyman Green on his blog through not as eloquently put. There was no response from the Green Machine. Gee can you imagine that.
ReplyDeleteI'm never more amused than to see Jerry comment on "negativity" lol ..
ReplyDelete10"48; Green does not and never has posted or acknowledge comments. is blog is a political propaganda site and of course can not post anything negative
ReplyDeletePropaganda ??? Oh Doc... save that for the Needler Dan Damon.. he's got his mouth firmly planted on the tailpipe of the Democratic Party in Plainfield since the day he posted Jerry's "POOR ME" article .. it's all about EVIL SRB and how the sun is going to come out when she is gone... Jerry has got to be laughing his a%% off every time he thinks of how well he played Dan Damon... Dab is doing all of Jerry's work for him. With complete and utter joy... it's laughable.. but hey... It's how the Dem's roll in Plainfield
ReplyDeleteHaving Just read Jerry Greens blog on the subject of Muhlenberg this is my take-away. To me, Mr. Green has made it perfectly clear on what he feels the best use of that property would be, as he said before, he feels that a state of the art emergency room/medical complex that includes a 600 unit apartment complex would be the best use of this property. The fact that he sponsored a bill that would allow a tax credit to developers for repurposing qualified health care facilities leaves me wondering just how this will benefit Plainfield. What Jerry Green is not saying, but the bill clearly shows that it is actually a benefit to any developer looking to build a 600 unit apartment complex and use the remainder of the property for a state of the art emergency room. The bill will actually allow this and it’s obvious that Green’s bill was premeditated with JFK’s plan for this property from its inception. I’m also clear on the fact that he has been meeting with people in the medical field, JFK’s Adam Beader has been seen coming out of Jerry Greens office more than once in recent months.
ReplyDeleteWhat I’m not clear on is, why is JFK’s 20 million dollar debt Plainfield’s problem or responsibility and why is Jerry Green looking for the “right finance to off-set this debt” ? Why would Jerry Green offer to sit down with someone that has a potential buyer, he’s not the owner is he?
Quoting Jerry Green “When I am Re-Elected this November I will not stop. The people of Plainfield deserve the best”. I’m sure he will not stop at getting a 600 unit apartment complex build on the Muhlenberg property. And he’s right, we do deserves the best representation and unfortunately it’s not him. He had 22 years to advance Plainfield. He does not deserve another two more years just so he can make sure JFK’s plan for the Muhlenberg property is realized.
KS.