Veni, Vidi, non Victi! I did review the support material for Monday's Council meeting and found no more usable information than I had surmised from the agenda itself.
The SID Budget data is to say the best skimpy , although there are voluminous number of pages attached either to the budget itself and more erroneously attached to another Resolution. What is represented is not clear to this aging brain; except part seems to be SID's assessments for business. The rest may be the city tax for other property in the SID. Help needed.
I trust the discussion items especially the Charter report and the employing a consultant for the Muhlenberg property will be most informative. Once again it is non productive to exclude the public from discussion before the Council acts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The`SID notice usually tells the assessed valuation of a property within the Special Improvement District and the amount of surtax for SID purposes, about 3 percent. The total tax assessed for SID purposes becomes their budget, as i understand it.
ReplyDeleteThat is what I thought, The problem was twofold. Part of the documentation was attached to another resolution. Didn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. The tax owed is listed but no mention why some properties are taxed and others not. Presumably those taxed have sale capabilities.Are those who are delinquent in their SID taxes listed in the tax sales? Is allowance for un-remitted tax made in budget? It may be so I just don't remember noticing it.
ReplyDeleteWhat about the expenditure side of the budget? Are the costs for a program coordinator and a mailing that may end up as recyclable fodder justified? Are those who are being assessed satisfied with how the money is being spent? I don't know the answers, but if I were going to vote on a budget I would want to know before casting my vote.
ReplyDeleteIf councilman Reid is afraid that the city's planning study would lead to "non-medical use" he should look more carefully at JFK's plan for 600 apartments!
ReplyDelete