Sunday, March 24, 2013

NCAA UPSET DATE

 I thought that with the  round of 32 the NCAA would revert to normalcy, However  the drama continues; Marquette the lucky squeaked out a win over Butler. Oregon a #12 continued its remarkable run over  Saint Louis #4. But the GAME OF GAMES was Witchita State #9 last minute win over the number 1 team in the Nation, Gonzaga.

 This may be Palm Sunday but the second day of the round of 32 continues. And  our Easter snow storm is suppose to arrive Monday.

Also 68 years ago today I was sitting in a jeep tied into a CG4A crossing the Rhine River as part of the first massive Allied  invasion of Germany proper.

1 comment:

  1. Doc

    Thank you for your service to our country. I would like to hear more about what you experienced as you crossed Germany. The conduct of the population, the physical condition, and your own reflections.

    Have you read, Savage Continent, by Keith Lowe? Mr. Lowe describes the devastation and turbulence that existed in the aftermath.He details the appalling conduct of the Russians in particular. What was the conduct of our men toward the civilian population as you advanced? I would like to know from someone who was there. Bill Kruse

    ReplyDelete