Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 in PLAINFIELD

As anticipated I did not attend the Council Reorganization Meeting Thursday (last) night. I am however waiting to read the Mayor's address when posted on the city site. That may take some time before it is available considering the present lack of up to date postings. As an example, although the PMUA has mailed its 2013 schedule to all households, the city as of 1/3/13 still had posted the 2012 schedules.Also all meeting schedules posted are for 2012.

One of the reasons that I wish to read the Mayor's report is that I heard that she praised for their services some individuals who have left city employment under a public opinion cloud that was not reflected in any administrative action.  It would be a slap in the face of disturbed  citizens who during 2011-12 publicly expressed their concerns at Council meetings if  any one then involved would be appointed to a position of responsibility.

 The Mayor who has assumed the governmental role of Queen of the Queen City will now find her monarchy unchallenged by the 2013 Council. Even if by some miracle she is defeated in her bid for a third term she will have absolute control of all fiscal matters for the next 361 days.

Will the various groups who hope for a better Plainfield coalesce to have the needed impact on this city's future? Past experience indicates that such action is dubious. 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. It is time we all pray for Plainfield, as Sharon and her hoards are set to ravage our fair city. Don't look to Jerry to back Sharon, as he knows backing her again may cost him his job, then you never know what Jerry will do. Does he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no shame in the mayor's game so I don't put anything past her. But you can believe she now has the support to do just what she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's crazy is you can pretty much guarantee the Honorrible Sharon, along with the Good Rebelrend Tracy, Invisible Bridgette, Running Mouth Reid, and Clueless Greaves have celebrated with the phrase, "God is Good".

    I say, "God have MERCY on Plainfield New Jersey".

    ReplyDelete