Ten more blogs before I will have reached my 2500 post since
starting this blog 5 years ago. During that time there seems to have been a conceptual
evolution regarding the blog’s focus.
Originally this blog was not only a vehicle to satisfy my frustrate ambition to have been a
newspaper columnist, but also a canvas to share copies of slides from the
various often off the beaten track trips
Helen and I took in the 50s through the 80s.
I also shared some of memories of
life in Plainfield pre-WWII as well as anecdotes from my conducted trip through
Europe in 44-45. Interspersed throughout the earlier days were essays related to
Plainfield politics and social issues.
For at least the last two years there has been an obvious
shift in emphasis created by the status of Plainfield’s government and the
future if any for this city. I still try to justify the “Potpourri” with post devoted to copies of the art on the AMA Journal’s cover
instead of digital photographs; as well as general interest (for me) subjects.
I do hope someday if I can ever find the time and ambition to dig out from storage
files and rework some of my old favorite photos from well over a 1000 slides
which I digitalized about 7 years ago.
One thing I have noticed over the years is that often what gets
posted may not be that which I wrote. I
do proof read every blog before publishing. However recently Word has decided
to outdo Dragon and automatically substitute its own verbiage. I hope I have
eliminated that function; time will tell.
I mention this to assure my readers that it was not my
recent “Johnny Two-step Trots” that caused my recent blog to refer to football “bowels”
rather than “bowls”.
Yesterday in the height of his excitement of reporting the ferry
boat accident, the reporter may have created a new word; “passengers deboarded the ferry”.
Congratulations on this milestone. I for one enjoy your words and images very much.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 2500th post doc! Can't wait to ready #5000.
ReplyDelete