Thursday, December 9, 2010

TRANQUIL POTPOURRI

About 40 or so years ago #3 child was a student at BOSTON UNIVERSITY. Helen and I were wandering around downtown Boston and wandered in to the Pucker-Safrai Gallery where there was an exhibit by an Israeli artist, David Sharir. The net result was that we did purchase one of his lithographs "Orchard of Lovers" which has always been a favorite although not an oil.

Periodically he has another exhibit and we receive another catalog. Never could afford an oil painting though would have loved one.

Recently I received his latest portfolio catalog which are take from the book of Psalms. I have taken a liberty to copy his interpretation of the 23rd Psalm. This series are gouache and watercolor. The words of the Psalm are in gold letters around the border. The quality of colors did not reproduce well but you can have an idea of the beauty of his works. Enjoy'

Now isn't that better than writing about Jerry Green or Dagger Dan, or a dysfunctional government?

2 comments:

  1. ‘…dagger Dan.’ that’s a good one. How come no moniker for Jerry?
    I have a moniker, ‘too far gone…’ given to me by a blogger, whose name will go unmentioned.
    PS: I like it and have incorporated into my blog.

    Have A happy holiday.
    Psalm 23? Hummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat Jerry is a career politician. Politicians being the breed that they be, are above monikers. If you question that, just take an in depth look at that bunch in Washington and Trenton (and Elizabeth).

    ReplyDelete