If and/or when the Special Meeting scheduled for tonight to approve and adopt the FY2011 budget takes place despite official request to stay off the roads One item on the agenda is the following::
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION AND DELIVERY OF CERTAIN AGREE-
MENTS AND CERTAIN OTHER ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH THE UNION
COUNTY IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY’S RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAM
I have opined against our participation in this entrepreneurial enterprise since the three locations that will be used in Plainfield will not provide enough power to result in a material savings for those buildings and there is no guarantee that PSEG will purchase any excess. The long term commitment may results in excessive costs after the initial promotional years. I hope the council is not seduced by the terms Technology, Green, and Savings. If their due diligence can prove that I am wrong then there should be no objection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment