Monday morning; unfortunately I have had not time yet go over the subject matter or the body of the resolutions to be be presented tonight. The agenda gives little information out the resolutions other than a brief outline of the subject matter.
If I get a chance before the meeting, I shall go to the library and read the texts of the resolutions of interests. Since you can only comment at the end of the meeting, and that the resolution that are being discussed are for inclusion in the business agenda, At next Monday's meeting the public has the opportunity to comment on resolution and ordinances before they are voted upon at that time.
Among the resolutions that I would like further knowledge regarding is; one moving authorization to execute the fourth amendment to the 2007 memorandum of agreement between the city and humanity in the eighth that a more clinic for the diagnostic diagnosis and treatment and case management for residents with tuberculosis and amount not to exceed $25,000. I wonder if such support should not be forthcoming from Medicaid funds. I mean I need more information.
Another resolution to add to the that the professional services agreement $52,000 for the Greenbrook walkway.. Again required the unexpected costs that arose from design changes?
Another resolution from the Urban Enterprise Zone is for Rutgers to do a comprehensive economic relevant and growth study. Again I wonder what the reason for such a study at this time and when was it done previously.A belated reading of yesterdays Plaintalker has provided me with most of the answers. The question is if this is in this belated FYI austerity budget, or can be applied for and inserted into the budget if funds are granted.? That would seem to be the case from the wording of the resolution.
Another resolution is for the execution and delivery of certain agreements in connection with the Union County Renewable Energy Program. This must have to do with the solar panel installation on selected buildings. There are two resolutions listed, one under Department of Administration and Finance authorize approval of professional service contract to to Block Box pictures and a similar resolution from the Department of Public Works and Urban Development worded exactly the same.. One would assume that this is an administrative error resulted in duplication of this one resolution.DP
Once again on Saturday early morning there was a fatal shooting in Plainfield. Incidents are cyclic in nature There was a report recently that Newark and adjourning communities have also experience a marked increase in fatal shootings this year.
In the past years the Kennedy Fried Chicken spot has frequently been reported as a site of group disturbances and perhaps drug dealings. It is doubtful that a police presence would've prevented these shootings. It would just be at another place and another time.
Perhaps aggressively rounding up and incarcerating the the gang leadership, and at the same time a greater effort has to be made to increase "free time activities" will eliminate these incidents. Director Hellwig said; "There's a very strong code of silence,'' More unlikely it is not a code of silence, but rather a silence of fear. Increased police presence in the neighborhoods would perhaps reduce public fear so that people are more willing to identify those commit a criminal act. Only then by reducing fear will we be able to receive the needed public cooperation in reducing criminal activities. Perhaps Ship can provide the information and means for effective local control.
I wish to thank the two anoni who sent me info on how to reach Highland Global Securities' web site. Unfortunately one of our computers would not permit me to pass beyond the home page. I have requested some information.
Any weird phrases or incoherent words are Dragon's not mine. I hope I caught all if not please let me know
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment