Old man winter is messing up my family's travel plans, that means that at leas one more night of "Oh Hell"
Score after 7 games: 3 #1,1#2, 1#3, 1#6, 1#7(last) for shame.
If and when Monday's night Council meeting takes pace, there are 2 items that would be of public concern. One is the meeting schedule. If the Council has the degree of common sense that I and others credit them with they will return to the twice monthly schedule, if not the time period between meetings will continue to create crisises of urgency. moreover the present routine of meetings lasting until midnight or later is discouraging for public participation and I do not believe that is intentional.
The other matter is for discussion RULES OF ORDER OF THE PLAINFIELD CITY COUNCIL: MS. ANNIE MCWILLIAMS, COUNCILWOMAN-AT-LARGE, WILL INTRODUCE REVISIONS AND/OR CORRECTIONS/DELETIONS AND ADDITIONS FOR COUNCIL’S CONSIDERATION (RELATED MATERIAL DISTRIBUTED TO COUNCILMEMBERS ONLY UNDER SEPARATE COVER).
I certainly can not comment on something which has not been made available I presume that this is relating to the meeting schedule. The other subject would be the Public participation segment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Doc,
ReplyDeleteI certainly agree with returning to the old schedule and I advocated for it during the meeting, as did Councilman Mapp. Resident Tony Rucker also spoke passionately on behalf of the public, even suggesting a poll for residents to weigh in. Well, although it's too late to conduct a poll for January, it may be something to consider in the future. All the comments are a part of the public record, so I am hopeful that every resident who is interested will be able to see last night's agenda fixing meeting (as well as the special public meeting) aired on the public access channel within the next couple of days. So, we will see if there are enough votes next week to return to the old schedule, which I think serves the public interest in a much better fashion than the current one.
Rebecca