Wednesday, January 11, 2012

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

There were no items under unfinished business although the WBLS report had been received by the Council and should be placed at that point of the agenda since it is still an open item. Being so listed does not mean that it need be a subject of discussion, but it is to be considered by the Council.

Perhaps the fact that several items on the Executive Session agenda (reproduced below) are related to that report including addition funds for the Investigator falsely suggested that it should be omitted from the public meeting agenda is the reason that it seems to have disappeared.

If I understand the "Rice Notice" as described by the State to be under the confidential subject listing as "Personnel matters affecting employees of the public bodies, unless all parties request or consent to a public hearing. Prior to discussion of personnel, affected employees must be given notice, known as a Rice notice, which gives the employee the right to request a public hearing." the item in the above agenda is confusing. I presume what is meant is that the two individuals involved did not desire a public hearing. So be it.

Too often in the past ongoing items not listed under unfinished business slide into limbo and never result in resolution. To prevent such happenings is why this spot exists on the agenda.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Chris Payne. I think he is a talented man, who, along with Williamson the attorney, is selling himself out. I think Chris could have done so much with his talent, and he could have brought Plainfield into the technology world and made us more efficient. Too bad he is in this situation. I believe he never thought he would be in a situation where he could not do his job.

    At least I hear that Williamson is on the mayor's bad list, which means he did the right thing in the WBLS matter.

    It is mind boggling that this mayor can continue to go on - and nothing can be done about it.

    ReplyDelete