Dan Damon questioned why I had titled my blog as "Weird Potpourri".
The first two items were written late Friday night and were to be the sole post. I considered the need to have to ring a bell to seek entry to our Mayor's office. It should be readily accessible unless no one is present. No ifs, ands, or buts.
I also thought it weird that Green should post a letter and dated 8/18/2009 announcing the granting of ARRA-CSBG funds when I had already printed it along with other "stimulus" data from what looked like a Power Point slides on 8/8/09. Whether the slides were for a presentation at the 8/10/09 Council Agenda Setting Session or for something earlier is not known by me. Obviously, the City Administration was aware of the Grant at least 2 weeks before JG posted it as news.
The other stuff was added just before posting the blog as a matter of interest. The fact that Scotland has semi-autonomy from England is interesting. How independent it can act is also of interest. It is believed that the Scottish Courts and Government were instructed to act rather than the British Government in order to prevent criticism of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
The third addition was an explanation of my professional status. You all know the problems with having prescriptions renewed if not OK'd by the doctor's office and the problems getting that OK to the druggist. I can still write prescription's but do so only for those my doctor has recommended.
I save their office trouble, myself time. The restricted license is several hundred dollars less than a full license. However to prescribe medications that are listed under "Controlled Dangerous Substances" list which is much larger than narcotics a separate license from the State and one from the Federal Government is required. The state is annual and the Federal one costs $500.00 for 3 years.
I could go on an write an essay about the costs of running a doctor's office today and how rules and regulations and insurance company demands inflate office operating expenses and the cost of health care. The latest weird requirement was for doctor's offices to have a photo ID of the patient in their file. I haven't had the time to find out the whys and whatfores of this rule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was prescribed one of the Class 2 drugs with 30 day no refill supply. But actually had to see a MD every 25 days so prescription could be walked through drug store, given to clerk etc., Of course MD would not be on a 25 days appointment cycle, etc., Another example of a good idea gone haywire. [The medication DID help]
ReplyDelete