Thursday, August 20, 2009

A SAD NOTE

No longer do I daily check the obituary page in the Courier for notices about my peers for there are very very few left. However, I still check for old patients , old friends. Alas too many have moved away and no longer live in the area.

Today (Thursday) there was an obituary that made me sad; Dolores Spock age 49. too young.

Dolores was a wonderful caring woman. She was a RN who ran my office in the early 80s. She was compassionate and personally interested in all our patients, treating every one like a human being. I am convinced that many patients came because of her and not the doctor. For more than a decade after I had retired former patients, who I would run into at the markets etc., would ask me if I had heard from her, such was the impact she had on my practice.

I was most fortunate to have Dolores along with other wonderful long time office nurses; Barbara Wilson, Dorothy Mahalic, Nancy Bean, Ruth Latario as an essential part of my practice for over 40 years. We as a team could not exist in today's medical atmosphere.

My heartfelt condolences go out to Dolores' family.

1 comment:

  1. Very sad to hear about Delores ... I still remember her when we visited your office.

    ReplyDelete