Friday, August 14, 2009

JG IS BACK

Just read Assemblyman Green's latest post 8/14/09. I am sorry that he felt he was not invited to be at Mapp's Town Meeting. Although I can not speak for Councilor Mapp he did invite EVERYONE in Plainfield to come. no exceptions. He even said at Corporation Counsel Williamson's suggestion that the developer would be welcomed. That's a fact.

The Assemblyman wrote a very interesting suggestion "Also, I had an opportunity to talk to leadership at New Jersey Transit in terms of exploring ideas and ways that we can use the services of municipalities like the City of Plainfield for example, utilizing the PMUA trucks when digging out the tunnels."

Since the PMUA is an independent Authority how can the city volunteer the use of the PMUA's trucks. AS presently configured can the PMUA trucks be used for excavation work? If they are under the Hudson River what will be available to pick up the city's solid waste and recycles?

Assemblyman don't you agree that your proposal was a tongue in cheek flight of fancy? AS a leading member of the State's government surely you were kidding.

3 comments:

  1. Green is pathetic. I can't believe he would put up a whole blog post about this. Yes, Mr. Mapp invited everyone, ALL elected officials, no exceptions. Maybe Green took umbrage at Mapp's admonition that the elected officials LISTEN, rather than make excuses for this administration and its pay-to-play ordinance or do self-promotion, which he is good at. He probably didn't want to face his 22nd LD constituents in a forum that he didn't control. Pathetic. I say that as a lifelong Democrat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the when Green says he wasn't invited, he means he wasn't invited to speak, which, with the exception of collecting a contribution, is the only reason he would go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speak? Don't you mean Mumble?

    ReplyDelete