Tuesday, August 18, 2009

File I must

Council's meeting again lasted too long. When will they decide that there is merit in the semi-monthly meetings? Thus, my commentary will be delayed. I am sure Bernice will have something of value to post, and Mark Spivey's Courier article may appear on Wednesday.

Although the Monarch Tax Abatement issue did not resurface last night,during the public commentary session Administrator Dashield made a remark that indicated that the Administration plans to secure enactment of the abatement.

Check here late Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. So Dashield, meaning the administration, still wants this abatement. Figures. Well, until they give the council and the public what we have asked for, in terms of true pricing for each unit. He will have to lower the price. I know that appraisers think the price of the units are too high, I mean, come on! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Most of the homeowners in the country are now aware of how to properly valuate homes. With all the calculators online, etc., we can do our own market-type appraisal. Homeowners who now face foreclosure or who are struggling to pay our taxes know even better now. It's too bad that the real education about homebuying and its pitfalls came late to too many people. But we know now, which is why this developer and his "partner," the Robinson-Briggs administration, can't pull the wool over our eyes.

    ReplyDelete