Wednesday, March 21, 2018

SNOW SNOW & TRUMP



  A check of the records would show that snow around Easter Time is not uncommon. March was the time of the Great Blizzard of 1888. I don’t remember it but since 1950 there has been 9 heavy snows including “The Storm of the Century” in 1993. Other notable storms near Easter took place on March 18-21, 1958, April 6-7, 1982, and March 15-18, 2007.
  I remember the storm of 58 which took place on Palm Sunday. Helen and I had been in NYC that day for a Bridge Tournament and it was snowing when we started to drive home... Although it was a tension drive we past many cars stuck on 22 without any problem. But when we reached our long driveway at the house I got stuck.at the sharp curve in the rear near the garage. Had to plow the car out.
  I caught up on some book/magazine reading today in addition to all my newspapers; so it was not wasted time.
   The police in Texas caught up with Austin’s serial bomber who killed himself by detonating a bomb in his car.
  Our great would be autocrat leader congratulated Putin on his overwhelming election victory. Unmentioned was the poisonings in Great Britain, the interference in our 2016 election, Russia’s involvement in Syria supporting Assad, etc.
  He has also congratulate Xi Jinping for being “elected” President for Life of China. That had taken a change in China’s Constitution which limited the President to 2 terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment