Black ribbon Monday;
when Allen’s shot rimmed the basket and fell out my last hope bracket died. Yes
I will watch next week’s final four and Mon day’s championship game. Also get
ready for the Mets.
I am being
overwhelmed by happenings, especially in Washington, to be able to compose an all-inclusive
blog. or even one that covers the most important items. There have been too
many.
Worse I have fallen
behind on my extracurricular readings. Even though there are 24 hours in the day
unfortunately they do not all fall in the so called 16 awake hours.
Obscure in all of
today’s turmoil is the race issues and bigotry often associated with ethnicity...
We should revisit it in this week leading up to Easter and to the Jewish
Passover celebrating the escape of the 12 tribes from Egyptian slavery.
We should face it
worldwide as it being a political force when practiced by the autocratic rulers
in Russia Iran Saudi Arabia as well as
various African nations to name a few.
We should denounce it
when used for by own political leaders or those that would be; especially the
users of the 1st Amendment to justify their hatred.
We should look at
ourselves in the mirror. A large number of our population forget that they too
were immigrants, becoming American Firsters, Skinheads, KKKers, some are
dedicated Farrakhan disciples. Yes, racists and hate bigots are not limited to
Northern European Whites.
A bright side is the National Geographic latest issue devoted to the ethnic issue as well as two informative articles in the Times Sunday Review. “How Genetics Is Changing Our Understanding of ‘Race” by DAVID REICH MARCH 23, 2018; and “We’re All in the Ghetto Now” by ERIN AUBRY KAPLAN. If you have time, read them.
A bright side is the National Geographic latest issue devoted to the ethnic issue as well as two informative articles in the Times Sunday Review. “How Genetics Is Changing Our Understanding of ‘Race” by DAVID REICH MARCH 23, 2018; and “We’re All in the Ghetto Now” by ERIN AUBRY KAPLAN. If you have time, read them.
Perhaps there are some voices of reasoning wishing to be heard.Lastly because of space, I would recommend periodic revisiting Blogs such as SPRING MAY HAVE SPRUNG for the comments and answers. I always accept and appreciate all comments, pro and con, UNLESS they contain obscene or personal remarks.
Tomorrow I hope to write about more pertinent issues.
Tomorrow I hope to write about more pertinent issues.

No comments:
Post a Comment