Monday, March 5, 2018

COUNCIL NIGHT



  Tonight the Council is meeting for the Agenda fixing session for next Monday’s meeting (3/12). I will not attend that meeting since I will have family visiting.

  Tonight is iffy depending whether I wish to eat early and want to brave the cold. The latter is doubtful since this Council on record seems to rubber stamp everything that is presented.

  There are a few questions about this agenda. #I “Authorizing the rejection of the Dudley House renovations”. The bid itself and apparently the only one received was so ridiculous that I question is it was made in good faith or to permit Administration to award the job to a political favorite. Remember the North Ave. demolition and the outlandish final settlement.

  #U to use “state approved” vendors for telecommunications instead of requesting bids. The list has four vendors; Verizon (2 entities), AT&T, Comcast, and something named “Broadview Networks”. Speaks for itself.

  Has Administration produced evidence that a 3rd party administrator and insurance company rather than the state insurance pool creates savings? Resolution H

  The resolutions and ordinances concerning an agreement with PMMA contains a 7% salary increase over the next 4 years. I wish my cost of living Social Security raises equal that; instead of a net loss of income after mandatory Medicare deductions.

No comments:

Post a Comment