Thursday, February 1, 2018

PLAINFIELD FIRST

 It is now 12:05 pm!


  I must be running on Pacific Standard Time since I noted that I would post today before noon. Be that as it may there is one observation about local politics that I must make before any brief comment on Trump’s speech.
 Gerry Green is presently severely disabled and unable to represent his district, much less Plainfield, in the State Assembly. He MUST resign his seat. Since Interim appointments are made to fill vacant legislative seats by the county committee or committees of the party of the vacating person. The unexpired term would be filled at the upcoming general election and incumbents have the inside track.
 If there is an agreeable Chairman of the County Committee this would make it likely that a politician such as Plainfield’s Mayor Mapp would be selected.
 It is not unheard of an Assemblyman holding another elected position but I fail to see Mapp being able to fulfill all his duties in both position plus his salary position in Orange.
 The one he could give up is his as Mayor with its new obscene compensation. If he did so the PDCC could recommend his replacement (Rebecca?) who must be selected by the (rubber stamp) Council.
 Again time is a factor so any worthwhile discussion of Trump’s speech will take time which I expect to finish by 5pm. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment