Monday, November 24, 2014

THE FINDINGS



The verdict is in! The Grand Jury did not find any cause to indict Darren Wilson, the white police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager, on a street in Ferguson, Missouri, in August.
No doubt both pro and con racism will now be in full force over the verdict. I for one cannot comment whether I agree or disagree with the Grand Jury’s findings.

We do have a legal system in this country which may not work right 100% of the time, but if all evidence is presented for deliberation Grand Juries will return the appropriate finding. This one had received according to the prosecutor everything available and all witness testimony.  

The decision of these 12 jurors must be respected. We will have all the evidence presented made available. We can then honestly come to our own opinion. We can never be an emotional race influenced lynch society. 

Yes it can work both ways if we forget the law. 

One lesson we must learn is that so called witness’s reports may not be true. It has been revealed that many repeatedly changed their story; others admitted that they were not present. This is why it is dangerous to jump to a conclusion before all facts are in.

A mob reaction of violence, burning, and looting is not an answer to a problem, but rather an excuse for internal gratification. I would bet that no matter what the decision had been, even first degree murder, there would be the fires and looting in Ferguson, Too many take pleasure and need  little excuse.

Those who have called for calm including Brown's parents must be respected.

The Federal investigation has yet to be finalized, and unfortunately this one  is more likely to be subject to political pressure.

7 comments:

  1. Basically Michael Brown was killed because he was walking in the street. A minor infraction like that should not have escalated. So if you look at why there is a deadly confrontation with the police over a minor incident you should also see why there is such hurt, anger and frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right that what started as a minor infraction should never escalated to the death of a person. The problem we do not have the answer is who escalated the incident and why. There is no question that the majority of Police forces receive inadequate training in intra-personal reaction. But is there a second side to this story? I believe so.

      Delete
  2. I don't think these young Black men are attacking the police. I believe the police confront them for minor issues and if they unfortunately question why they are being stopped, it escalates from there. I have raised my son to keep his mouth shut when the police stop him and just answer what is necessary. But besides that I don't believe the Black folks are the only ones to question the police. They are just the ones likely to die or be seriously beat down by the police. I haven't heard of any young white men killed in this manner. But as I always say if it's not your cut, you can't feel our pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry... but that's not a race thing.. that's a respect thing.. I'm white... and guess what my parents taught me .. "You keep you big smart mouth shut when confronted by a police officer. It's yes Sir, no Sir.. that's it"

      Delete
  3. The amount of ignorance is stunning. MB was not KILLED for walking in the street. The officer had no choice. He was attacked by a thug who, at one point, tried to take the officer's gun. He also charged at the police officer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To you anon 10:26, You probably think all blacks are thugs and everything white cops say is the truth.You are the biggest ignorant A in town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To 10:26, I was married to a police officer for many years and I know for a fact that some police will manufacture evidence to prove their case. The picture shown of Officer Wilson's reddened cheeks looks like his fellow officers may have slapped him enough to make it look like he was attacked. Their response is to protect the integrity of their officers right or wrong. You can believe what you want to help you sleep in la la land. I also said the Michael Brown was killed BASICALLY for walking in the street because that's what was reported the reason Wilson confronted him. He was JAYWALKING. He didn't know about the robbery in the store and the store owner said it wasn't Michael Brown anyway. I'd be interested in knowing how you label those guys who shot up schools and movie theaters. Are they thugs or poor misunderstood chaps?

    ReplyDelete