Saturday, January 25, 2014

MONDAY'S COUNCIL MEETINGS



I would most Saturday mornings when there  will be a Council meeting Monday evening post a blog about what the  issues would  be and ten go to the Library and read the support data.

This Saturday will be different. The agenda has already been reviewed as the upcoming meeting was rescheduled from last Tuesday night to this coming Monday.
There is however the Special meeting at 6 pm. AS of 2:30pm Friday afternoon the Municipal Clerk’s office had received from administration no backup material; the Mayor’s appointees will remain a mystery until Council comes out ox Executive  Session and presented them as “new business”. At the regular meeting.

We will never know if concessions are made at the Special meeting.
As a result of my recent blogs; there have been some comments sent to my blog suggesting recall of Councilors.  Given the recent actions of some members that might not be a bad idea; however even with cause that would be a difficult procedure.

Our Charter reads;
6:14 Recall Power; Any elective officer shall be subject to removal from office for cause connected with his office, after he has serve at least 1 year, upon the filing of  a recall petition and the affirmation vote of a majority voting on the question of removal at any general or special election.

The charter goes on to state that the recall petition must be signed by 1/3 of the eligible voters in the area the individual represents.
 That means that only the  second ward voters can sign a petition and vote on the removal of the Council representing that district; he can also vote to remove  the 2nd and 3rs ward Councilor, and of course of the at large one.

I can find no methodology for removal of the Council en-masse.

In our Council Rev. Brown cannot be subject to a recall vote since she has not served a year. and Councilor Taylor is only serving until the next general election.
Let us hope that no member of this Council does something stupid Monday

10 comments:

  1. Hey Doc... hope for the Powerball too... you've got better odds. Reid, Rivers, Brown and Greaves have no issue with making themselves the fools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rob. Hope springs eternal, except with some members of our City Council. Sometimes I wonder if they are even aware that they are accountable to us, the residents of Plainfield. I love my city too much to allow jokers like these people to stop my city from moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, I can not conceive under the circumstances that any member of thee Council will boycott the special meeting without Jerry Green's consent. He is the all powerful chairman of the local committee.

    Nor can I visualize a repeat of that self-serving outburst. Perhaps someone with time and access could do a verifiable study on nepotism and/or patronage involving families of Councilors, and authority appointees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately there may have been a precedent for lack of a quorum, if not an actual boycott.
    http://ptalker2.blogspot.com/2012/05/special-meeting-lacks-quorum.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11:23 AM i am not posting your comment although I am aware of the facts since it is not relative to this blog. If an expose is in order than if verifiable it would be documented. I would hope that the print media with its First Amendment protection would be the proper vehicle for such a document.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernice your reference is to a PlainfielderII blog about a 5/22?/12 blog calling attention to the fact that 4 Council members belonging to the New Democrat faction did not show up at a special meeting called by the Mayor. What goes around ! except thee is a difference relating to the SCANDAL in the rejecting of the interest resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, what goes around comes around. How come when Williama, Mapp,Cory, and McWilliams all voted together it was not blamed on Jerry Green, everything is not Jerry. How about Karma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh . . . I can only dream about Plainfield can become without Jerry Green's puppets Bill Reid, Bridget Rivers, Vera Greaves, and Gloria Taylor on the council.

    Perhaps there is some hope with Rev Brown. Something makes me WANNA believe in her.

    I refuse to believe Plainfield lacks strong intelligent independent thinkers. We need some young intelligent candidates. WHERE ARE THEY? Please come forth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Need some Spanish candidates according to the census.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't care who sits on the council unless they are competent and care out the City of Plainfield and the people in it. Wilbur just passed God Rest is Soul maybe we can get Mr. Ed.

    ReplyDelete