Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Council Meeting 6/14/11

There are over 30 resolution son tonight's agenda relating to liquor licenses. Most will require no discussion. A few will probably be recommended for a no vote pending resolution of certain problems.

Of the remainder resolutions one is for $250000.00 for participation in the Justice Assistance Grant. Not having read the backup material I can assume it is for legal counsels for those who do not or can not afford a lawyer. This will be on next week's agenda.

There is an Ordinance for first reading granting the City title over"Roads and Parking Lots" on property at 916-919 South Av e. This will require explanation since the odd/even address numbers suggest that the street itself is involved.

The majority of time will be taken up not by the Mayor's "Special Meeting" which has four must items, but by the 2 discussion subjects.

The "Shotspotter Initiative" is again the up for consideration. Without hearing what is being said but from previous presentations I fail to see how this will help reduce the crime rate. An educated public could be just as effective if not more so and the funds could be better used. This is one of the pie in the sky solutions and should be treated with skepticism..

The other subject about which I would like to have more info is the proposed leasing of the Armory. Unfortunately, since I can not be present Tuesday night, I shall have to rely on other blogger's reports and the media if it is on site.

No comments:

Post a Comment