I had picked two sure shots to be playing in the World Series. The two best teams in Baseball with perhaps Tampa Bay being an American League alternate. It seems that I am not always perfect, as I write this The Yankees have bit the dust and the Phillies must win two more games without a loss to at least salvage part of my prediction.
We are now starting the fourth week of October and miraculously the sports calendar includes baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, college and confessional football. The leaves are coming down fast and it looks like our fall this year will not be as colorful as previous years.La Nina has been blamed for a suspected upcoming heavy snow winter.
With the recent announcement of a developer looking at the Muhlenberg campus it is obvious that the final nail has been hammered into the coffin which contains what was the premier medical facility in central New Jersey. For those who clamored to revitalize, reinstall the Muhlenberg hospital once it is slow that could never have happened. A hospital like Muhlenberg takes years to build up a functioning medical staff. All those physicians eliminate Muhlenberg their home at scattered elsewhere and were not going to again change the commitments they have to make as a member of a hospital medical staff .t to a new institution. The best we could have hoped for would've been a small functioning acute community hospital.
The developers plans would include a walk-in emergency type unit, plus if possible facilities for a well-organized group practice that caters to affluent or insured patient base. This is an unlikely happening for Plainfield.
In reading Maria's blog I noticed that according to the city clerk's office we have an acting Director of Administration and Finance. Was this appointment approved at that last marathon Council meeting after I had left? Or does the Mayor not have to have Council approval for an acting appointment? The charade goes on.
I also noted in Mark's blog today that it at Thursday's meeting in the Shiloh Baptist Church that's the $15,000 money from a sponsor came after she had committed the city to spend that amount of money. It matters not that someone stepped up in an attempt to save her bottom, the fact is that the Mayor authorized spending municipal funds and amount that should have required Council approval.CC
Incidentally the Mayor referred to their opposition of six New Democrats on the Council. Since I don't believe that all of them have run under that label during recent elections I would appreciate if the mayor would expand on their history of affiliation. At least one of the present Council members was defeated in the primary elections by a new Democrat candidate. Another is the anointed city party member for the the freeholders office. the third ran as an independent during the primary election. Mayor there again seems to be some error in your mathematics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Muhlenberg was known as "Murderberg". You went there and you died.
ReplyDeleteYou went there only if you had no option.
With all due respect, it was no "premier" facility.
10:08: Sorry, but I went there for over 50+ years and you are commenting on my blog. That says something. It is true that lots of people died in the hospital, but that was because they had end of life problems, and hospitals were not forced to move patients out after a few days, a situation that exists now under "managed care".
ReplyDeleteHowever I can not account for care after 1990, and if you have specific examples of care that caused death I would be happy to review them to the best of my ability.