Wednesday, October 20, 2010

GOOD NEW DRAGON 11

This was to read "As a klutz  who types with one finger on each hand" etc. I have posted this exactly as dictated with the hope that the computer will be able soon to differentiate between "to", "two",.and "too" or other similar sounding words and pick the right one from the sentences context.


as a clutzonce trash with one finger each head hand and often the left. Hand is faster than the right. So that I have to correct many words. Since it was supposed to be easier to dictate rather than type my way for many years I have tried various and sundry dictation program. I have given up every one of them because the error rate was almost 50%.

Low and behold a loan has become has come Dragon 11 supposed to be the greatest and easiest to use program. Sucker that I am I have of course purchasing program. For a week, I and another computer savvy person tried to install it. We continue to get an error 1606 which finally resulted in going into the head. Editor change a value from 8.0, to 8.0_. It seems that the program did not work with any older program that Microsoft seven for installation purposes. It's

The program was now install but we could not open it. After again contacting the vendor and trying to different recommendations included again going into the registry and. Register, we were still unable to run the program.

I was ready now to send it back for a refund. However, I thought that I would get one more shot by deleting the changes that I made in the registry and again repeat recommendation had been made change in the Reds. Lo and behold this is the first I edited dictation with Dragon 11.

You can make your corrections but perhaps this will be the way of the future for this individual. Of course having you know as Dr. mumbles and rightly so, there will probably be a prolonged period of training for the computer to understand me. The future does the look bright.

Once again little local news for, today,comment. Perhaps later I will find something twrite about, but for the moment this will suffice.

2 comments:

  1. Doc - maybe you should have invested in a typing lesson. Good luck with the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to touch type in junior high and taught both my kids to do so when they were young.

    These voice-activated computer dictation thingies are no better than spellcheck, which can't distinguish between two, to, and too or between there, they're and their. You can't win with these gimmicks so you might as well just hunt and peck--it will be more accurate (though it will probably take longer).

    ReplyDelete