Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8 Potpourri

Yesterday,if the politician's permit, I wrote what I hope is my last political commentary for several months . In fact for the next week or two my postings may be sporadic and even absent for a day or so. During that time I will try to take care of personal items such as electronically submitting license (medical etc) renewal applications which both the feds and state require, as well as attempting to make my den look human. I also will search for my sound driver which seems to have fled when FIOS arrived on the scene.

I have been reflecting on the state of today's medical practice, and will mull over one or more opinionated postings on what is wrong or right with our present medical care. In the meantime those who read the "Times" can find in Sunday's Business Section an article titled "If all doctors had time to listen". This is a very thought provoking article and worth reading.

In the last week I saw a short item about a doctor, I forget in which state, who had set up a "concierge" type practice in which under a personal contract he charges his patients a monthly fee for unlimited services. He does not accept any private insurance, and I am sure no Medicare payments. The state made him abandon this practice by claiming he was acting as an insurance company and did not meet the requirements for needed capitalization.

My recommendation is that you don't hold your breath waiting for these postings. They will appear soon enough to be pertinent with Obama's plans for medical care reforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment