The first two are of Florence taken late afternoon during a pit stop on a bus trip from Genoa to Rome. This happened at the end of a cruise when the group was supposed to spend a night in Portofino before traveling to Milan to fly back to the States. A airline strike cause the tour operator to change plans and instead after debarkation we took off for three unplanned days in Rome. The hotel there was on a main drag, Via Venato and near the Spanish Steps.
The bus left us near the Plazza della Signoria and the famous Michelangelo's statue of David. Unfortunately I have not yet found a slide of the copy (the original is in a museum) on the plazza
The best I can do is two photos of the Fountains of Neptune. The first one was taken from a cafe where we had stopped for a drink. The second one is a closeup that I need to do some "tweaking" about the deteriorating color.

The next picture is the Arno River from the Ponte Vecchio. The Arno River line was the site of some of the most severe fighting in Italy after Mt Casino during WWII.
I believe the last one is the Duomo Santa Maria del Fiori. I would appreciate a correct identification.

No comments:
Post a Comment