Let us hope that the ethics of the majority will not be destroyed by aggressive actions of the crazies. There are still too many active bigots today who would use violence to create a world they think ideal. One has only to read the monthly reports of the Southern Poverty Law Center which lists the number of biased crimes state by state to know that we have not yet have reached universal brotherhood. What sane individual would name their son "Adolph Hitler" or their daughter "Aryan"? What loving parent would create hatred in their child by a name that would sear is childhood life? Only a pathological individual who lives by by hatred. such a person is capable of destroying in one moment American life.
As the economic crisis enlarges we must constantly be on guard. Bitterness and frustration will cause more individuals to be attracted to Neo-Nazi hate groups. There will be others who will aid them by inaction or even self interests. The following should be a warning.
I did not speak
I did not speak...
"First they came for the Communists ;
I did not speak because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews ;
I did not speak because I was not a Jew.
Then they came to fetch the workers, members of trade unions ;
I did not speak because I was not a trade unionist.
Afterwards, they came for the Catholics ;
I did not say anything because I was a Protestant.
Eventually they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak ..."
Martin Niemöller,Pastor
Dachau, 1942.
King like Ghandi was speaking not only for his ethnic birth group but for all mankind.
No comments:
Post a Comment