Saturday, January 17, 2009

The pictures have no relationship with the subject matter. They are just to look at.



As I had feared a pot hole finally got me or to be more specific,my car.Yesterday afternoon on my way to Walgreen I could not avoid a new trap on Leland. I left the store and everything seemed OK; stopped to go into the PNC Bank and when I left there for my next port of call I noticed that the car was pulling to the left. Yes the front left tire was looking very low. I was able to get into the Shell Station and thank goodness AAA was there within 30 minutes. The tire does not seem to have suffered irreparable damage so I may be in luck.



In Wednesdays Times there was article about New York rehabilitating foreclosed properties that were contributing to neighborhood blight. Under the new program, the city will not take ownership of the properties, but instead will subsidize their rehabilitation through a third party, a nonprofit group called the Restored Homes Housing Development Fund Corporation. This was part of the Neighborhood Stabilization Program which I think is supposed to end in about 3 weeks. If this is the Program Faith, Brick and Mortar spoke about on Monday, has the city overlooked until the deadline a grant that would be helpful. I am confused because I did not get the gist of presentation and would like some clarification.


Could it be that the local bloggers are fulfilling the functions of the pamphleteers of years ago. The number of welcomed comments that I received on a recent blogging and those both Plainfield Today and Plaintalker have received recently would suggest that. When Marie was active with her blog, it was very School,City Attractiveness,and Ethnic oriented. She too was apparently widely read. The local blogs are disseminating news and opinions that are missed in the restricted newspaper media of today.

Blogs also offer a media for acceptable rebuttal as well as supportive comments. In all honesty, no one can deny that Plainfield Plaintalker and Marie's Blog are nonpolitical. If mine seems to be at times,it is because I am concerned with the welfare of our community. I am not blindly acting for the interests of Republicans, New Democrats,or Old Democrats.

Read my mast head "An octogenarian's vehicle to expound at nonspecific intervals on his opinions regarding politics-local to international, health care, life,society,and perhaps religion plus periodic vignettes about Plainfield N.J." I should also add ;'To share my photographs with others".

I do not believe that I am Propagandizing. The definition of Propaganda reads"the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or concerted movement". Any public figure who uses a media must accept comments on his words, actions or results. That person also has the right and capability to defend himself. I do not think that such defense should include the threat of legal action.
#1 The Danube at Budapest.
#2 Russian bullet holes in St Mathias
#3 Budapest waterfront.
#4 Budapest scene

No comments:

Post a Comment