Thursday, January 8, 2009

I was unable to attend the so called Health Forum" last evening, For 67 years of married life we ate "dinner/supper at 6PM. That time was convenient for "family time when our children were growing up. The time also made it possible for me to go back to the office for evening hours. In my early practice years doctors did have evening hours for those who worked during the daytime. Also for the same reasons my parents also observed a 6PM dinner time.

I don't know how many people now a days find meetings or forums starting between 5:30 and 7 PM acceptable. I would think that if better attendance is desired a later time would be ideal. But what do I know? I am just one old timer.

To atone for not having any positive thoughts, I am sharing a little insignificant Americana. There are two Beauforts along the Atlantic Coast. Their names are pronounced different in North Carolina- the site of the first house, and in South Carolina. The next two pictures are from South Carolina. The last one, although I had marked it as the North Carolina Beaufort harbor side it may be from the deeper South.

Both towns were important ports during the Civil War. Beaufort, SC was the destination of most of the blockade runners. It was also the base for many of the bootlegger's speedboats






No comments:

Post a Comment