Saturday, November 5, 2016

THE MEDIA HAS ITS SAY


 I spent his Saturday clean ing the pile of papers on my desk and on the floor. This was followed by paying accumulate bills. My den is now almost respectable. I can now get back to important matters such as the upcoming Presidential election.

Two more days of turmoil and then come the after shocks .Instead of writing an opinion blog I have collected documents from both  the Wall Street Journal and the Times which I found  to be of interest and I hope readers will at least scan and comment if desired.

 In Saturday's WSJ there is one editorial and one long opinion written by a member of the WSJ's editorial board. I deem they are both worth reading before Tuesday. One gives a reason to vote for Trump, the other a review  of contested past elections. .
 (http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-gamble-of-trump-1478299393)

(//www.wsj.com/articles/history-repeats-as-farce-then-as-2016-1478298769)

My own personal fear rises from my own history of the world  through the 30s and 40s which I believe is being disregarded.. This Op-ed from the Times points out some facts  (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/opinion/beyond-lying-donald-trumps-authoritarian-reality.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&_r=0

Also from the Times is this tongue on cheek by Kristof title "5 reasons to vote for Trump
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/03/opinion/5-reasons-to-vote-trump.html

 Also this column by a respected columnist Thomas Friedman.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/opinion/donald-trump-voters-just-hear-me-out.html 

The mud will continue to fly even until the polls are closed. The latest is from the Washington Post; "Melania Trump was paid for 10 modeling jobs in the United States worth $20,056 that occurred in the seven weeks before she had legal permission to work in the country, according to detailed accounting ledgers,"

Your duty a a citizen is to get out and vote, not to "opt out." Your charge is to decide what has been and is important in determining who you would tolerate  as President.  It is your choice not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment