Saturday, October 15, 2016

FU for "This is why"




Friday eve I posted a blog titled “This is why” in which I tried to explain why I cannot vote for Trump.
Despite the fact that readers seem not to have any rea; interest in the upcoming election or the future of our nation I will periodically write my views about the two candidates.

Meantime there were three OP-EDs in Saturday’s papers three OP-EDs in Saturday’s papers that I would share with you. The first two are from the Times and reflect that papers antagonism for Trump. The third is from the WSJ and is pro Trump anti-Clinton.

I hope you take the time to glance at all.


(http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/15/opinion/how-dictatorships-are-born.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0)

(http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/opinion/burning-down-the-house.html?ref=todayspaperhttp:)

hthttp://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-and-the-emasculated-voter-1476484865

Please share your comments.

5 comments:

  1. I guess the WSJ Trump endorsement negates Trump's claim that Wall Street is in Clinton'g pocker. His childish blaming his problems on the media and others harks back to other despot wannabes. If anyone doesn't know who I am talking about, look at the history of politics in Italy and Germany in the late 20s and the 30s. Scary to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The column was a guest writer, not one of the regular columnist. I don't think WSJ has ouright endorsed Trump, but it certainly has not spared the anti Clinton news.

      Delete
  2. To your delight, I'm sure, a GOP headquarters in NC was firebombed with a message "Nazi Republicans." Never mind WikiLeaks exposing the corrupt HRC campaign colluding with MSM. Have a good day and keep up your Nazi talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlike you I take no delight in any delight in act of violence by anyone. The NC incident could be a result of generalized violence that Trump has encouraged.

      Delete
  3. Doc,

    This part of Timothy Egan's op-ed is one of the most worrisome things, in my opinion:

    "But those who take pleasure in watching Trump destroy the Republican Party are missing the bigger picture. He’s trying to destroy the country, as well. Civility, always a tenuous thing, cannot be quickly restored in a society that has learned to hate in public, at full throttle.
    Trump has made compassion suspect. Don’t reach out to starving refugees — they’re killers in disguise. Don’t give to a charity that won’t reward you in some way. Don’t pay taxes that build roads and offer relief to those washed away in a hurricane. That’s a sucker’s game. We’re not all in this together. Taxes are for stupid people."

    Lack of civility and compassion, as Egan notes, are sometimes tenuous. I am convinced that Trump will lose the election, but we as a people are also losing.

    Best,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete