Saturday, July 12, 2008

POTPOURRI

To Peg; you asked- "Do you remember the Garage Room" in Plainfield-on 7th near Park,I believe. There was a horrible murder there and a column from you would be great."

Thank you for the memory, I do not recall everything. That was perhaps in the 50s. I believe that the garage and its upper floor night club was on the northwest corner of 7th and Park where the strip mall is today. I do not recall the circumstances of the murder. I am sure that somebody can give more information.

As to the plaque in the old OR over what was the main entrance I can not recall paying attention to it. I have no idea who the individuals where. This brings up another interesting question about the gutting of the hospital. There were numerous memorial plaques scattered throughout the hospital buildng, some were quite large. They must be of value for their copper. Did Solaris appropriate them?

Does anyone remember Issac the doorman who greeted everyone entering the Hospital.? A gracious individual. Or Dave the ambulance driver and his wife Carrie the head nurse in the OR? They were wonderful people.

To Dan Damon; A propos of your comments about the Star Ledger's absent Editorial/Opinion page least Sunday, apparently that paper is without and opinion. My edition today,Saturday, lacks editorials, letters, or columnists. I do believe that the on line edition does have an editorial.

To anybody interested: Today 's bloggers I believe are filling the same role of the pamphleteers of the late 17th and 18th centuries who took advantage of the printing press to disseminate information both true and falsified about news and official corruption which the authorieites tried to suppress.

No comments:

Post a Comment