Friday, July 18, 2008

Comentary about Green's Laudation"

Late Thursday evening while watching the Mets win their 10th straight game and tie my son –in-law’s Phillies for 1st place in the National East, I was wondering if I had a subject for Friday’s blog.

I could question why tearing down the Elmwood Gardens would reduce crime, or just force the criminals to move elsewhere. Yes, it has been a hot bed for criminal activities arising from drug dealings. Perhaps a 24/7 police task force presence would be less costly and preserve living space for law abiding citizens. Undoubtedly that too would only result in the relocation of the drug dealers and the gangs. Perhaps the social workers can explain the reasons for the vandalism and why replacing the building would prevent it in a new project. All this can be subject for future discussion.

Fortunately that sage ANONYMOUS came to my rescue and sent the following comment which I received in my email and have below reproduced verbatim.

Before I give it the creditability of deserving an answer I must reflect on the uniqueness of the internet when compared to the printed media. No newspaper will publish a letter to the editor without verifying the writer’s identity and address. This is to protect the ‘paper” from legal action.

On the other hand in their on line editions every item has a pseudonym for identification and the “media” protects them from the public... The lunatic fringes that wish to exhibit their paltriness hide their identities with on line names or in the case of comments regarding blogger postings as “anonymous.

For goodness sakes, if you have anything worthwhile to offer, have the balls to take credit for your words. Of course if you are female you must remain in limbo.

The 1st amendment protect s your right to express your opinions without repercussions. It does not give the right of legal protection to those who would libel or slander.

To get back to today’s anonymous comments;

“Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Green's Laudation":
WOW - do I sense bitterness? Plan B was necessary all along, and that truth will play out, much to the bitterness of all you local bloggers.
You remind me of the Swift Boat Vets - nah to everything. "we were there" I am sure you would say.
Or did you have nothing to do with your time and indulged yourself in wild specuation?”

There was no bitterness expressed, just a legitimate question;” Why would any individual or group spend large sum of money to publicly praise someone whose actions or inactions were harmful to their “agency”?

Since a politician was the honoree of the Ad Could there not b e a question of political pressure?

I don't understand the reference to the “Swift Boat”. Kerry exaggerated his war time role for political gain. Does the shoe hurt?

Yes, for Jerry Green, Plan B was necessary, since there apparently was no real Plan A, and the magnitude of the public outcry had not been anticipated.

If this country is going to survive people must ask questions and get answers. Otherwise our civil liberties will be at stake.

There is no bitterness, Barnum said ' You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time". Know which group includes you.
Thank you “ANONYMOUS” for giving me the opportunity for these remarks. Incidentally, bloggers and the media are not obligated to publish unsolicited comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment