Friday, May 31, 2019

RAPING LOCAL TAXPAYERS


  Once again, I am doing the unacceptable by posting a blog on the weekend when few will take the time to ignore a great June 1 to look for and read one. However, before this week’s elections I must exercise my revulsion about this administration callous arrogance in the lack of transparency and the apparent ignoring the Council’s charge of approving expenditures of large sums.

  Friday I read via Clips the following from NJ Com and other material in the Ledger:  Plainfield is sending seven people, Mapp said. Clayton-Hunt and Mapp refused to answer questions about the exact cost of the trip. An Open Public Records request seeking the costs has yet to be answered.”

  “Hotel rooms cost between $279 and $389 a night if the municipalities choose to book rooms with the Hilton Hawaiian Village, which is hosting the conference”

  There is a charge of $950 registration fee and an estimate of coach airfare of $700 which will amount to a minimum total of between $1350.30 and 1487.30 for each attendee. Multiply that by seven and that is between $10052.30 and $10411.10 if my math is right. There may be extra for a confrence room.
  That does not include personal expenses such as for meals, drinks, sightseeing, extra days, etc. which I am sure will be put on their expense account to the city.

  Since I doubt that we will get any information or explanation why the Council has not authorized these expenditures there is only one way we Democrat registered taxpayers can express our revulsion and that is to not vote for any one on line A and concentrate on line B in the City elect ion. Also, I would suggest not voting Mapp regular Democrat for the County Committee and wherever possible voting for an opposition candidate.

  I have cast my mail-in ballot.


No comments:

Post a Comment