Friday, May 24, 2019

NEW BLOG ON DISMAY


   Welcome to another rare blog. A week of feeling my age and a balky computer has kept an earlier blog from happening. Moreover, Plainfield happenings (see my previous blog and comments) plus the DC circus has increased my dismay!

   Thank goodness there are still some activists such as  Mary Burwinkle, Jim Spear and  Bill Lucas without personal agendas still active in Plainfield fighting the windmills of autocracy. Read Mary’s letter in Spears blog and comments to my Dismay blog.

  Mary, I too actively supported Mapp in his contest with Jerry Green. I too felt that as a McWilliams hanger on he would bring good government and true progress to this city. But not only has his true colors as a politician emerged but he seems to have had Trump as a mentor.

   Nationally I would favor impeachment as I did for Nixon, if it were not the fact that Pence would succeed him. I can see no worse fate for America to have a woman’s rights hater who opposes Constitutional religious freedom in power.  

   As you know Nixon escaped the implementation of impeachment by resigning. I doubt that Trump would consider such action.

  New sad news: The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday blocked lower court rulings that would have invalidated as partisan gerrymandering Ohio’s map for congressional districts and Michigan’s maps for congressional and state legislative districts.
 The high court's orders put on hold efforts in both states to redraw their electoral maps ahead of the 2020 elections. New maps in Ohio and Michigan would have been a victory for Democrats.
  Gerrymandering in a ny state or  favoring any party is an attack  on personal voting counting

  Enjoy a great Spring like Memorial weekend. Please remember that it is to honor those who gave their lives that we may have the freedoms of a Constitutional Republic. We must strive to return to the ideals and compromises of our founders. 


   



No comments:

Post a Comment