I doubt that I will attend Monday nights meeting. To brave
the cold and parking inconveniences just to listen to 7 individuals collecting
their $25,000 plus perks such as health insurance etc. to rubber stamp everything
the Administration wants.
Yes it was a year ago. Nov 9, 2017 that according
to TAP; “The salary ordinances passed on first reading Wednesday and will be up
for second reading and final passage on Dec. 11. If approved then, council
members who now receive $10,000 will see an increase to $25,000 in January and
Mayor Adrian Mapp, who just won re-election Tuesday, will start his new four-year
term with $75,000, up from $35,000.” Mapp in speaking for the ordinance said ““Salary
history should not be a measure of the work of any employee. “In other words,
we have control; to get as much as we can, and the taxpayers are not allowed to
object.
The agenda includes for first reading an Ordinance approving
the weird redevelopment of what is named South Avenue East Redevelopment Area
Plan. I have written before against this plan as presented and expressed my
feeling that a developer first presented it before the need was there. Portions
of the properties need redevelopment especially those on the north (Railroad)
side of South Ave. But to destroy flourishing businesses for a pipe dream of
more deluxe residential units is not rational.
I will not list the number of contracts awarded not through competitive
bidding but to “State approved vendors”. Look up how large political
contributions some have made. Could there be a relationship?
Once again there are addition contracts to attorneys
including one to Corporation Counsel Minchello’s own partnership! Once again, I
question this Administration and Council ethics. What in the Charter are the
Corporation Counsels duties? What does this Corporation Counsel do? How much time is spent on Plainfield? What is
his compensation?
I am getting too old to continue to bang my head o n a
Trumpian Wall. There is no difference
between the DC GOP and the Plainfield- north-central Jersey, Democrats. “Get
all you can”.
This time next week I shall post the saga of why I have not
been writing a blog. It has nothing to do with health or family.
No comments:
Post a Comment