Wednesday, November 7, 2018

LATE WITH REASON.


  TGI the college basketball season opened last night and the Hoos won.

  Today has been a disaster. First, I had typed this blog twice only to lose it in cyberspace. Then an electrician was working here, and we had a power surge that affected my land-line phones. But I was able to recover this blog.

   The elections went as I expected. No, I am not disappointed, I did not expect all my choices to win. Nationally I am glad the Democrats won control of the House; even though Pelosi will most likely become Speaker. I hope the Democrats will now turn to governing instead of playing party obstructionists. A split party Congress is better than a rubber stamp one.

    The Republicans did increase their majority in the Senate. The down side is that will mean more Trump devotees receiving confirmation as Judges, Cabinet members, Department heads, and anything that requires Senate confirmation.

   Statewide New Jersians faced with a choice of a rock or a hard place, narrowly chose an ethically tainted Menendez over Republican Huggin whose negative TV campaign was redolent with half-truths, distorted facts, and pure hearsay,

   My grandfather who lived in NYC when asked why he always voted for the Tammany candidate replied; We know how much these guys will steal, we have no idea if the others will steal more.”   
  That must be New Jersey voters guiding principle. At least we did not elect a dead man as they did in Nevada

  State wide, and at the County level as well as locally the overwhelming Democrat majority was reflected in the results. No independent or Republican could be expected to win in Plainfield.

  My disappointment was in the supposedly nonpolitical BOE elections. Despite Mapp’s comments about Plainfield loss by the re-election of the Campbell supported slate instead of his own slate, the real loss is that non-politically committed candidates have no chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment