It has been a while since I
have posted a blog. This is only a quickly and I hope more will follow later
today but more likely tomorrow, since I am having a visit from a member of the UVA “University Advancement”
office this afternoon. Much as I love UVA I am not going to include them in my
will having been a liberal donor over much of my 74+ years since graduation.
That includes a folio of historical documents about Virginia dating from
prerevolutionary times to early 19th century- prewar of 1812. They
are now part of the library’s research collection.
Now that we are at the end of
the second longest sub-freezing spell in recorded history despite this event
filled week I may have time to again comment about nation and world affairs.
A few words about local
affairs and about transparency; a term local politicians do not understand.
Today’s TAPinto carries an article ab out the redevelopment of the Muhlenberg
site. Since the byline indicates that the writer is i8n Bloomfield I suspect
that this document t is the result of a “press release”. It states goals but
omits facts.
“The anticipated medical uses include: Primary &
Specialty Care, Women’s Health Center, Diagnostic Laboratory, Ambulatory
Surgical Center, Pharmacy, Sleep Center, Breast Center,
The residential component will feature a grand lobby,
multipurpose rooms, fitness center, business center, bike storage and a rooftop
terrace for its 39 one-bedroom and 81 two-bedroom residents. The units
themselves will have amenities such as fireplaces, marble countertops, and
high-end finishings.” (That is 120 luxury probably not fireproof apartments.)
The article does not say that the residential component will
be built first or that buildings will be destroyed, and most importantly the medical
component is a possibility in 5 years.
The past weeks has not been a complete loss, besides last nights thriller football game, the women's and men's basketball teems have made news;
"The Virginia men’s basketball team continued its
season-long rise through the Associated Press poll, this week coming in at No.
3 in the nation. The Cavaliers (14-1, 3-0 ACC) started the season outside the
Top 25, but have proven worthy of their current lofty standing" They play Syracuse tonight.
The past weeks has not been a complete loss, besides last nights thriller football game, the women's and men's basketball teems have made news;
"Virginia women being flat out better has been a somewhat
surprising theme for a program that started its season 4-6. Since then, the
Cavaliers have reeled off seven straight wins, opened the conference season
4-0, and is shockingly atop a stacked ACC."
No comments:
Post a Comment