Wednesday, January 17, 2018

SNOW DAY BLUES



  Well it did not snow until long after the combined meeting(s) that I decided not to attend were over.
Since there was no Dan “Clips” posted today; perhaps the 2 inches of snow had an impact, and TAPinto Plainfield did not carry any article by Bernice I can suspect that I missed nothing except  a rubber stamp.
  As I wrote and others commented that there were items on the agenda that merited at least questions from the Council and clarification from administration .I suspect that neither happened and the raid on the taxpayers’ monetary well continued unabated.
  It has been a month shy of a decade since I started writing this blog daily. Its focus has changed somewhat in the recent years with less content on memorabilia and of late much more on the “unstate” of the nation. I have continued to express opinions on local governance. Writing a blog takes time often more than an hour.
  Moreover, there seems little reader interest in how and why the powers that be are disposing of contracts and spreading patronage. I still am awaiting for an explanation of how a bill for 70K from a contractor who had no experience and bungled the job received Council approval for a $130+K settlement. Council’s claim that it could not be discussed because it was in litigation doesn’t cut the mustard.
  This explains why unless there is an expression of reader desire to read my blog I will only post at least once a week on topics that are of interest to me. Please comment with identity, not anonymously.

No comments:

Post a Comment