HAPPY BIRTHDAY BERNICE!
and a thousand more
Her birthday and that she is still reporting on Plainfield is the best news this hot hot day. My own morning was spent having electric shocks to stimulate various nerves and the particular muscle reaction. Net result, no injury to the brachial plexus- the railroad track interchanges of various nerves that arise out of the neck and upper trunk vertebrae and go to the arm (and chest) on that side. It confirmed what I knew that there was a carpal tunnel problem on the left. But that is enough boring self-news.
After reading Bernice’s blog this morning I am happy that I did miss the Council meeting. I will try to catch it on TV if I can find the schedule. However, this is going to be a good personal week with daughter and son-in-law visiting for three days, so do not expect any blog time the last part of the week.
Except for some erroneous statements relating to Dee Dameron my comments recently about the composition of the CBAC as well as the commitment of various city elected or appointed officials stands.
The actions of the Council majority as well as the anticipated results of the Budget hearings are politically based and without valid reasoning aimed at destroying the rival Mapp administration not improving the city. It is part of the need for that democratic chairman of the city Democrat Party to preserve his control of the city from a rival party faction.
Perhaps a better understanding of the player’s motives can be gleamed from the following comment albeit anonymous that I received yesterday. I have heard from many other sources the same history of patronage employment.I would suggest that you check for yourself the truth of any anonymous report.
The comment “The company Rivers is using for budget consulting is a friend of hers,
Sharon Robinson-Briggs: Jerry got her a county job
Bridget Rivers: Jerry got her a county job
Vera Greaves: Sharon: Jerry got her a county job
Richard Stewart: Jerry got his wife a job at the state
Jerry's 1 and 4 at-large (candidate?): works for county”
Many years ago someone remarked to me “that to the victor belongs the spoils.” That is true and some of the spoils are the bestowing of jobs to loyal voters who are dependent on such largess.
There is no question that a new winning faction will do the same thing. There is ample evidence that the Mapp administration has done or attempted to do so in Plainfield. And sometimes he has stretched the limits of credibility with some of his appointments.
But it is beyond good community dedication for one party leader to use the Council in an attempt to destroy a rival.
Jobs are Jerry's form of welfare; where else would could these people work?
ReplyDeleteJerry does one thing very well and that is play very dirty politics. I don't understand how anyone with good morals could be part of Jerry's control process. Jerry is the penultimate truth bender and fact fabricator. Where do yo think Sharon learned it. Too bad the people of this city don't vote and dump the trash and hope the next load isn't as foul.
ReplyDeleteI think it is not just morals, but also free thinking. Jerry is in a city where people are more inclined to believe what is said rather than think issues through and apply logic. Jerry would be nothing in a place like Westfield, or Cranford, or Garwood, or Clark....
Deletecloset racist alert. Im no fan of Jerry but to imply that hes only successful because urban voters is not only false but completely uninformed of the demographics of 22nd district. the district is almost 45% white and he still beats his opponents by 2 to 1 margins in elections
DeleteThanks for the good wishes! Not sure I want a thousand more unless I can go bionic.
ReplyDelete