I have always maintained that this type of a blog should be impartial when it came to election matters, The blog could and should present without editorializing the pros and cons for each one contesting for an office.
Where a specific plan or program is part of a candidate's material that could be subject to review. It is true that of the two pressing issues in this year's race, one candidate refused to respond on one subject and has backtracked from an ambiguous statement on the other issue.
Therefore, why have I actively promoted specific candidates in this year's election in contrast to my past policy in being neutral in my blog?
The answer of course is a meaningful one; I unequivocally believe that at least one of the two candidates for political reasons is dedicated to protecting the dysfunctional would be autocratic present administration. Nothing could be worse for this city; a city in which I have chosen to live in for more than 8 decades.
Thus after considerable soul searching decided that I must advocate Roni Taylor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are only one VOTE Rev. Brown will come out like the shinning STAR she is. Job well done Rev Brown. I commend you.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Doc. I was so appalled that a minister would lie and play games just to win and continue the disasterous Sharon show. Abul Haqq has lost the deep respect I have had for him and I was neutral on Tracy Brown, until she started throwing dirt. Shame on us if we let either Ms. Brown or Mr. Haqq get into office.
ReplyDelete10:49; you are right that I am only one vote. I hope that there are thousands of only one votes that we have the city's interests insight whjen they cast their ballot.
ReplyDeleteWe don't need stars we need honesty.,
If Rev. Brown did what she did in my church we would replace her with someone who displays Christian values more than when convenient. Shame on Rev. Brown!
ReplyDeletenow it's two votes! Rev Brown has proven to be untrustworthy, incompetent and out of touch with what is need to be an effective council person. The photo of her praying with President Obama in the background tells me that she is not to be trusted. Why fabricate the truth to get elected? She know she never meet President Obama let alone had him in the pulpit with her while she prayed. Rev do what you do best, dedicate your life and time to God and your church. Do you need the medical benefits that bad? Stay out of politics.
ReplyDelete@10:49 Shinning STAR? Does that mean she will cut you off at the shins, or should we say knees? If the reverend is elected, anything that is remotely positively will most likely come to a screeching halt as she is aligned with the ineffective mayor.
ReplyDeleteWe have never allowed anyone to put a political sign on our lawn BUT we are so dead against Rev. Brown that we said yes to Roni Taylor when she came by to ask if we would display a sign. If you look carefully at Rev. Brown she is more like your typical politician than a woman of God. She is deceitful, arrogant, self serving and dishonest. I don't think she is worthy of the council much less the pulpit!
ReplyDelete