Monday, June 4, 2012

TOMMOROW'S ELECTION

One more day before ELECTION DAY.Despite two heated races on the Democrat ticker, in contrast to other recent primary campaigns this has been a quiet one and I consider clean.

Non the less there have been some who would accuse the other side of being "dirty". One such accusation was implied at Wednesday night;s Council meeting. Another I heard Sunday in a phone call uttered by Rev. Brown''

Rev. Brown is right when she says she never came out in support of the 660 unit apartment development on the Muhlenberg site. However, what she did remark at one Forum was that she was in favor of "affordable housing' there.

In all elections the Candidates have "Plans" for this and for that; but never even give the slightest indication what they would propose. The answer is of course they are blowing hot air at best.

I have made no bones that I consider this Primary Election one of the most important ones in the history of our city. It is important that next year's Council can have constructive leadership . This may mean differences in opinion with the Mayor; but that is a two way street. A compliant Council is a road to disaster.

I hope the majority concurs with me and votes for Roni Taylor as At Large Councilor; and Adrian Mapp to continue to represent the Third Ward. These are the two who will be best for the City.

3 comments:

  1. I agree Roni Taylor is the best choice... Mapp, unfortunately.. a politician who has no issues trading stated principles for when it suits him or the situation. The only thing that prevents me from wanting his competitor is obviously the Mayoral connection. Then of course, there is simply not voting for either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, the trouble with NOT VOTING is that in effect you are cx asting a ballot for the party line faithful who vote automatically to support the boss's choice.

    Often the lesser of two evils is the best choise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, please vote! If you do not think about what we will be stuck with.

    ReplyDelete