Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dave Ridgeway

I received this from Dr. Greg LaGana former director of the ER at Muhlenberg and of the Ambulatory  Care center in Warren. Since it came to my Blog there is no way that I can reach Dr. LaGana to request that an Obit be sent to the local media.

 Dave Ridgeway was President and CEO of  Muhlemberg in  the late 70s-early 80s.

I'm writing to let you know that Dave Ridgway died this past Saturday morning - around 1:05 a.m. after a several month long battle with stage 4 colon cancer. He was living down in Maryland, near the Chesapeake Bay. He's survived by his wife Sallie, his daughter Vivian and her family, and his son Benjamin. I thought you might like to know, given the time we all spent together at Muhlenberg "back in the day" as they say.

4 comments:

  1. You should suggest the local paper find the obit.

    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/delmarvanow/obituary.aspx?n=david-m-ridgway&pid=151339251

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You I will post the obit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat Turner KavanaughJune 1, 2011 at 8:57 AM

    Doc: obits in The Courier and The Ledger, among many other outlets, are paid advertisements. So it's unlikely the obit will appear in print locally unless the family ponies up. What Mark does on the microsite may differ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pat. That the Obits in t he papers is a income item and no longer a public service has been a fact for a great many years.

    I had hoped that the family would post in the local media since Dave was an important figure in Plainfield life as CEO of the Hospital in teh 70-early 80s.
    I agree with you that the local media could be cognizant of the passing of former important Plainfielders-need not be more than a brief item. They do more than that for entertainers.

    ReplyDelete