Tuesday, July 14, 2009

POTPOURRU JG

JG's latest page again provides interesting reading. Finally a so called Community Advisory Group is announced not through the Mayor's office but by the Assemblyman. With the exception of two civic activists the composition of the Group are either politicians or city employees or health care facility representatives. Since none of these individuals, except the community activist, are truly spokespeople for the Community, I do not know what impact this group can have on Solaris' relationship with Plainfield's health problems.

The two activists are:
1)Carmen Salvarrietta, Community Activist.
She lives in Piscataway but is on the Plainfield Health Center Board and also has been aspokesperson for the city's Latino Community. I have been informed that she is an active participant in the Plainfield Democratic Party activities.

2)Dottie Gutenkauf, Community Activist
Although she has strong ties to Jerry Green on the City Democrat Party Committee as a Vice Chairperson, she has been one of the most vociferous advocates for legal action against Solaris and a proponent of a successor hospital.

In the same posting JG wrote the following queer comment; "Unfortunately, we have a blogger in the City of Plainfield who has not been on the side of the people of Plainfield, but has been in constant league with Solaris."

I check all the bloggers that commonly and daily post in Plainfield and know none who is in league with Solaris. Certainly not Damon , or Bernice or Maria. As to myself, when the Muhlenberg Board made the affiliation with Solaris I was no longer active, but commented to my peers that it was a mistake and Muhlenberg was goinin to get shafted. The only frequent bloger who has had any relationship that I am aware of with Solaris was JG himself when he was a a member of a Westfield Consulting firm. Obviously he is not going to damn himself. Mystery!!!!

6 comments:

  1. FYI Doc,
    Unless she recently changed parties, Salvarrietta is a registered Republican. She certainly has not been active in the Democratic party unless working for the city under under the Democrat-registered mayor counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon 3:14Pm: Thank you for the info. I know she is not a voter in Plainfield and I did not look into which party for she may be a registered voter. My informant stated that she is present at all City and Democrat sponsored functions and that is the basis for my remarks. I don't believe that I said she was a Democrat, although I may have given that impression but I did not check her political affiliation. I don't know if she works or does not work for the city, so please clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salvarrietta was one of the first people hired by the Robinson-Briggs administration to work as a "greeter" or whatever the title is of the individuals who sit at the city hall desk/obstruction that is at the front of city hall. I live in this city and I'm a registered Democrat. How come I don't get invited to city and Democrat-sponsored functions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My understanding was that those "greeters" were all volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc, although I have served as a vice chair of the Democratic City Committee in the past, and held other elected positions as well, I am not an officer now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The greeters were not volunteers, they were paid. Look it up in the past budgets under this administration. Jerry's committee woman Hattie Williams was also hired.

    ReplyDelete