At 9:30 am the house became quiet except for Mick’s
verbal insistence that he needs more to eat.
It was a very pleasant intimate family weekend although
my oldest daughter was missing. Serendipitously my oldest nephew made a rare
phone call and was able to talk to his cousins.
Other than “watching” my three football teams (college
and NFL) play in the style to which I have been accustomed- error prone- I have
been out of touch with the world.
I accidentally did catch the opening sequence of
Saturday Night Live with its new staff this weekend. The skit was Obama at a ”town
meeting” defending Obama care and all the “citizens” who were supposed to
praise it of course did anything but. I caught a clip from it on this morning’s
Channel 2 news. It seems to have also been loaded onto Youtube.
I also learned this morning from Plaintalker II that
the Queen of Hearts aka our Mayor has appointed herself as acting City Administrator
and supposed directed the Payroll Clerk to pay her additional salary per diem
based on Berry’s salary. Once again her unique financial skills are forthcoming.
Perhaps her four stooges will finally join the other
three on the Council and request a State audit of the city’s finances for at
least the last two years and more of anything that could be criminal is
discovered.
That is probably less likely than the Democrats and the
Republicans reaching a compromise before the first of October.
Oh there will be a compromise reached near midnight
since the number of Federal employees who have a vote is tremendous. Since this
is an off election year Congress is more willing to run a brinkmanship course;
but it may backfire.
I would like to thank all those nice people who on Facebook recently posted nice words about me in "I used to live in Plainfield".
I expect to be back blogging starting tomorrow.
Doc.... 4 Stooges ?? YOU TOOK MY LINE !! LOL :-)
ReplyDeleteRob, Sorry but Roget's did not give a better alternate word; lackey, patsy,even puppet or chump were not as descriptive. It is a good line and I did not find any copywrite listed.
ReplyDelete