Like all bloggers I have routinely received anonymous comments from supporters of both camps. Unfortunately some have been so vicious and personal that they merit only the cyberspace circular file.
Before JG's Aug 19th's thoughts appeared on my computer (1/20/2010) I received the following which I did not post. However in view of his Jan 19th's thoughts I feel I owe the individual a right of response.
Nat SIngleton has left a new comment on your post "COUNCIL MEETING #2":
Since I doubt that Jerry Green will have the courage to publish this response in his blog, I am sending this post to other relevant blogs in the Plainfield community.
This is from Jerry Green's Page of 08/19/10 http://jerrygreenspage.
'...I can understand why Dan is bitter, when the last administration lost, he lost his job that paid over $50,000/yr, his partner was let go from the PMUA...'
My response.
I don't normally respond to political invective. But when a person systematically distorts the facts -Jerry Green, I feel duty bound to correct those distortions.
Here are facts:
1. Dan Damon did not lose his job. He retired and was asked to stay by Mayor Briggs.
2. I was not let go from PMUA. I never worked for them. I served as a commissioner for approximately 8 years and received $400 per month for my time as did every other board member. When my term was up, I was not reappointed (I think this was illegal, as I thought my term had another year but why argue, I could be wrong.)
3. As to what I cost the citizens during that period of time in terms of trips, conferences, etc., I doubt if over a the period of 8 years that my total expenses exceeded $1000.00 ( I think they were much less but we did have a cell phone for a while.) This can be checked by an OPRA request, just make sure you request expenses for each commissioner and compare them to mine. I will bet no one has a lower expense record.
4.This year, I was asked, by a member of the city council, if I would be interested in serving as a commissioner(not Cory, Annie nor Adian.) My answer was no (who the hell wants all that grief)
but if they could absolutely get no one they could put my name forward.
These are the facts
I find it ironic that the Assemblyman's attacks are focused on real estate deals and activities when much of his "fortune" has come from his own real estate deals ,some with UCIA whose relationship with the County party machine is supposedly tainted. I would need more proof that monies received for the Plainfield schools were as a direct result of his influence in Trenton. I as a physician although long retired feel badly that there was not enough influence to preserve Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center instead of an inferior hospital in a population focus that had better access to other hospitals than the greater Plainfield area.
Just one small fact--Dan Damon was so closely tied to Al McWilliams that his departure was inevitable once Al was defeated at the polls. Since by January 2006 he had not yet met the ten-year threshhold to collect a pension, Mayor Robinson-Briggs allowed him to stay on the payroll--without doing any work or being at City Hall at all--until he met the qualifications for retirement. He was allowed to use up all his accumulated leave and then retire. That's the fact, regardless of the spin Dan and Nat would like to put on it.
ReplyDeleteOnce again we must be aware that there is always more than one side to complete any story. All should be and will be heard if in proper decorum.
ReplyDeleteDoc,
ReplyDeleteWhat exactly did Nat do on the PMUA for 8 years? Vote to reduce our service and increase our rates, collect a salary, go on trips!
Why did he get put on the PMUA? Cronism! He was Dan's partner who was Al's right hand guy!
How is this any different then any other cronism?
Nat was a rubberstamp for Al, Dan and the PMUA. Nothing more.
Get the facts Doc!
James Docorty
Plainfield NJ
Correction to Anonymous. 'Just one small fact....' Again facts seem to escape people what is being said is false. However, rather than get into a tit for tat rebuttal, I'll let Dan respond in his blog. Now, if Anonymous would like to come out from behind the curtain, I would be more than happy to debate them in writing or verbally as to what the facts are.
ReplyDeletePS: thanks, Old Doc, for publishing my response.
All of this "crap" just brings to the fore that Jerry must go and Sharon too, either before or after, it doesn't matter. They are both corrupt and ripping off the citizens of Plainfield. We deserve better and need to dump the government trash whenever needed.
ReplyDeleteMy apologies to Old Doc.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous, one more thing. Why aren't we having this discourse in the comments section of Jerry's blog, where it belongs? Last time I looked he has still has not posted my response.
Wow, this is taking on a life of its own. By definition all politics is cronyism. Who are you going to appoint, your friends or foes? DUH!
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, Al appointed me because I was highly critical of the creation of the PUMA and was concerned that it might lead to a diminution services. If, you want more details here is my email address: natsingleton@gmail.com
Doc,
ReplyDeleteIf Nat were critical of the PMUA he certainly lost all such urgency when he got on the PMUA. There is no record of him opposing anything substantial in the 8 years he was there. I would be interested in seeing how many trips the PMUA took, how many $300 lunches, how many escapades they took under Nat's watch.
I think the record will be clear on this matter. The record is also clear on all the rate increase, the service reductions.
Definition of cronism (dictionary.com):
ReplyDelete–noun
the practice of favoring one's close friends, esp. in political appointments.
Seems to me this would apply to Nat.
Dan Damon was allowed to stay on through the good graces and efforts of Ray Blanco negotiating with the then mayor - ahem - I meant Jerry Green. This was done so that Dan could earn his pension (though all wonder why - since he never did anything for Plainfield taxpayers).
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately Dan turned on Ray Blanco right after that, posting at least one post that was completely false.
Ray never forgot that of Dan Damon. Others also remember that of Dan Damon.
And for the next 4+ years Dan Damon, like Rush Limbaugh does to the Democratic party, spends each and every day attacking and slamming the Mayor.
One wonders how People like Rush Limbaugh Dan Damon sleeps at night.
Nat and Jim, enough now. I did not post your latest comments only because it is not a function of my blog to be a higher level forum of the newspaper types.
ReplyDeleteHowever your comments are always welcomed and those pertinent to the blog in which they are addressed will be posted under my ground rules previously posted.
Nat and Jim, enough now. I did not post your latest comments only because it is not a function of my blog to be a higher level forum of the newspaper types.
ReplyDeleteHowever your comments are always welcomed and those pertinent to the blog in which they are addressed will be posted under my ground rules previously posted.