One gorgeous day. I could do with 365 days like this each year, provided it rained every other night. On the other hand, we in this part of Central NJ have the best weather mix in the country.
Oh yes, we do have our heat waves and droughts, our rare blizzards and messy cold winter days. But we are blessed with four seasons, and only rarely with natural disasters that the rest of the country- and world- suffers from. WE should count our blessings. If only our political leadership matched that level.
I had written that no Councilor had showed up Wednesday night at the Muhlenberg memorial rally. I had left before Council President McWilliams' letter was read. Yes the Council had written to the Governor. Did the Council ever receive a reply? If so it should be read at the next meeting. If not a strong resolution and communication is in order. We can anticipate that the Mayor will never act positively when Plainfield's well being is at stake.
I hope the Council will insist and make public an accounting of the expenses for that Sunday's Town Meeting. Was there radio station paid? If it was news they should have been there in a reportorial status.
It is unfortunate that many of the readers take everything that Plainfield's bloggers write as racially and religiously offensive. Read some of the commentaries. This is a regrettable knee jerk super sensitivity attitude which may have been justified 40 years ago in Plainfield. but not today.
The four main Plainfield bloggers may not be African-American, I defy anyone to prove that they are racially, ethnically or religiously bigoted. One may have political overtones, but there are always facts to back up his postings. The other two are often dedicated investigational and reporting items that affect the community's integrity. I will state categorically that I have no reason to defend my belief that all are equal. For those who doubt these words, let the shoe fit and look unto yourself.
I probably will not have an opportunity to review for comment Monday night's Council Agenda. As of noon Saturday it was not on the city site, and even if it were, the Library closes at 1PM Saturday until 9AM Monday. WE need tighter control of how our tax dollars are spent (wasted?) and prioritize for community safety, health care, education and all those resources that make a town a desirable residential community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The library did not have the packet. I confirmed with the research librarian.
ReplyDeleteAnd the library opens at 9:30 a.m.
ReplyDeleteWhen will the moronic people of this City stop playing the race card? If you came here and were not a racist believe me you will certainly leave as one.
ReplyDelete