Tuesday, August 3, 2010

NO TITLE

Only the fourth of August and the doldrums have set in. With some workmen in my home it is difficult to sit down at the computer and write even a bit of nonsense.

I hope Sunday night's Town Hall would be on the local TV station,but I can not find a schedule. Tuesday night a BOE meeting in January was the competition to the Mets. Is a program schedule posted anywhere? Please advise.

Noteworthy, the Ledger has not printed any article on that meeting. Since there has been a reporter at Council and BOE meetings does this indicate an opinion on the merits of the Town Hall?

The only news that adds to the deterioration of Plainfield is the Freshwaters' plan to close their great Restaurant and like many have, emigrate back to North Carolina. They will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. I think coverage of a Sunday evening meeting was problematic for the print media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to our Mayor airing the city's gang and violence problems all over the radio and calling in the premier publicity seeker of the 20th century (Al Sharpton), it's a safe bet that Plainfield will continue to deteriorate. What person in his right mind will come to Plainfield now? or stay in Plainfield, for that matter? I'm desperately trying to figure out how I can afford to move away.

    ReplyDelete