This blog may "smell" at times but it definitely is not a pot of flowers, herbs or spices. However (2) this is the leeway that describes why my blogs can be all over the continuum, even in the same post, and be true to my avowed purpose.
That said; I have had several brain storms over this long weekend to write that this will be in more that one post, so please read all.
.
MONDAY NIGHT COUNCIL; oops that is TUESDAY NIGHT: Nice to read in the Saturday Internet edition of the CN and in print on Sunday that one of the subjects for the agenda setting session is the new MASTER PLAN. I am sure that everyone of our Council members have digested all 177 pages.which I have downloaded . Of course about 90% is ecology wasting verbiage. So 10 % may be important. Let us have an abridgement for review.
Since the Agenda is not available on line as of Sunday and City Hall is closed today I expect that I will have to wait until Tuesday afternoon to be able to read it.
While surfing various sites I ran across the story regarding Plain field's Master Plan in an on on line edition of the Suburban News. Among the reader's comments was one of the nastiest yet most humorous comments I have seen posted in a newspaper: Posted by "doubletruck" on 09/05/09 at 1:02PM On line Suburban news (NJ.com)The best Master Plan for Plainfield is to vote out the thick-as-a-brick administration, make the mayor move into Connolly Towers, and find police officers who don't need flash cards in order to know and enforce the law. All those in favor, say aye.
I am sorry that I have not read the decade older previous Master Plan but I am certain that this one will contain a more realistic evaluation of where Plainfield is today and its best road for the future. Items of interest will be zoning changes, evaluation of public transportation both east-west and the lacking north-south routes, motor vehicle movement into, within, and through the city, Redevelopment of the NJ Transit Corridor including industry, residential , and commercial areas. Above all there must be a realistic determination of Plainfield's place in a 21st Century America.
GRIPE OF THE DAY: Pity us poor old fogies who are set in our ways when it comes to paying bills or balancing our check book. Especially those of us who are not computer savvy or are old fashion enough not to want every merchant dipping in to our checking account automatically to pay our bill. The latter is an open invitation to have an overdrawn account. The banks would like that for they can charge a fee of perhaps $30.00 per incident. Moreover it is difficult to check and challenge a credit card bill.
Since the banks only return a photo copy of the face of the check you have no idea who endorsed or deposited the check. Yes you can get both sides as pictured using the Internet. However, now that companies "deposit the check electronically for immediate payment you only receive a notation that it was paid. Moreover, the float that could be counted on no longer exists.
The latest atrocity is T-Mobile's notice that starting in September(that is this month with out prior warning) there will be a$1.50 monthly charge for a mail bill. This probably is part of a growing trend. No paper bill no return address envelope.
How much will you bet that this electronic age information technology fascination is not going to cause a collapse of our entire economic system. Electronic records are not safe or permanent. They are more susceptible to alteration or accidental destruction than paper.
This may be a long route back to my objections to Administration's creating a position of Manager of IT. The enthusiasm about something that connotes great expertise but ignores the fact that there is no real concept of what should be done is characteristic of the past 4 years. I would still hope that action on this issue is delayed until the Council's Advisory Committee can investigate and make suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment